- We are invited to attend the 3 Canyons Ranch Master Association Annual Membership and first Board Meeting of this new fiscal year which will take place this Saturday.
- Info here: http://az3canyons.com/index.php
- The assessments for 3 Canyons were due July 1st with a grace period until the 15th after which late fees & penalties come into play.
- Due to how the 4th of July is being celebrated, our trash days likely got pushed back a day, so check with your vendor. (Typical most holidays.)
- A key was found in front of the mailboxes. Describe it and it’s yours.
- Due to the recent water hookups to the new houses, you may find the aerators in your faucets full of some extra calcium. A bit of CLR or Lime-Away makes for better pressure, better spray, and happier wives. (Thanks to Ron M. for the reminder.)
- Bids are being collected to be analyzed by the Board for repairs to the front entry monument drip system. (Which is the reason it’s still dug up.)
Linked here is a document bundle for this Saturday’s Annual Member and Spring Board of Directors Meetings.
Please remember to bring your own copies. None will be provided.
If the meeting can’t be held outside, we will do our best to hold and isolate inside.
Weather permitting, the VDO Annual Members Meeting will be held outside on April 17, 2021 at the Mattingly Residence, 5910 E. Hunter Creek Court.
Sign-in is at 3:50 and the Annual Meeting will start promptly at 4:00. The Spring Semi-Annual Board Meeting will begin immediately following.
Minutes from the last Annual Meeting here: 2020 Annual Member Meeting
Minutes from the Fall Board Meeting here: 2020 Fall Board Meeting
Printouts will not be provided, please provide your own as/if needed.
Hope to see you there,
Thanks folks! If the squeaky wheel gets the grease, we apparently caused an oil spill.
CenturyLink called Lynn personally to say they heard you and the problem was found to be in the substation up on 92, affecting VDO and, in fact, many of CenturyLink’s Internet customers south of Buffalo Soldier Trail.
All should be back to normal now. But if things go sideways again … you have their number.
Be a good neighbor and please remember to check your mail DAILY.
With more and more items being ordered by our Members the USPS is having trouble delivering.
For their part, they have added additional parcel-size lockers to our clusterbox but complain that we are not emptying these out promptly.
REMEMBER: These days, for every day (or two) that you do not pick up your parcel, one of your neighbors does NOT receive theirs.
- 3 Canyons Board Meeting tomorrow @ 5:30 PM. Someone will be assigned to represent our section 20W. Please consider attending.http://az3canyons.com/index.php
- Last week one of our members found a very large Western Diamondback rattlesnake in his garage who thought it would make a nice warm cave to spend the winter. The fire department was called and persuaded her to leave without incident. Leaving your garage doors open for long periods may be detrimental to your health, so please be alert.
- The invoices for the 2021 assessments were sent out by email yesterday. If you have not received it, contact VDOHOATreasurer@vistadeloro.org. Assessments are due by the end of February even if the invoice is in your spam folder.
- Remember that most exterior changes to your property need to go through the free and quick approval process, which is much more economical (and way less aggravating) than asking for forgiveness.
- Remember to be appreciative of the many volunteers that donate their time to run our two HOA’s. It saves many thousands of our dollars when a management company does not have to be involved. The good condition of our homes and yards is why you decided to purchase here and it will help you sell when it’s time to leave, so don’t be so cranky when you get a friendly reminder of the rules we all signed up to follow.
Changes to Exterior Structures or Landscaping Need Prior HOA Approval
A friendly reminder that we all voluntarily purchased a home within two HOAs, and that means we must abide by the HOA rules. Before doing anything, be sure to pass your ideas by our volunteer Architectural Committee. It’s easy, prompt, and will save you a lot of hassle — including potential fines. Design Guidelines and approval forms can be found on the [Documents] Page.
VDO Architectural Committee
Please consider volunteering! Our current rep has recently moved, and the 3 Canyons Board will appoint a replacement member at their January 13th meeting. It’s important that our Section, which is comprised of VDO and Fairfield Estates, has someone representing our community’s interests within 3 Canyons. To find out more about this modest commitment, contact VDO President, Lynn Mattingly (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Fall Meeting Logistics & Handouts
Agenda: The agenda is linked (left) and here: [AGENDA].
Financials: The 2020 YTD and Proposed 2021 Budget financials are linked here: [FINANCIALS].
Revised Design Guidelines: The Architectural Committee has revised the Design Guidelines and the five documents needing approval are stored in a Public Dropbox Folder linked here: [NEW DG DOCS]. *** Note that these VDO Design Guidelines are the documents that will be used on required approvals for exterior changes to one’s property until revised sometime well into the future. ***
Please print these out to review and discuss as handouts will not be provided.
See you there!
This is a reminder for our upcoming Fall Board Meeting. (Note: We need at least five HOA households attending to meet quorum.)
When: Saturday, October 17th
Time: “Sign-in” will start at 4:00 pm. The meeting will commence promptly at 4:05 pm and conclude well before dinner.
Where: 5910 E Hunter Creek Ct. (Mattingly residence)
Agenda: Another VDO NEWS will be sent out shortly with the draft agenda and a link to any handouts.
- Due to the virus, the meeting will be held in the Mattingly’s yard versus the dining room.
- There will be sanitized plastic chairs spaced apart, or you can bring your own chair.
- “Sign-in” will be by roll call rather than the usual clipboard and pen.
- No refreshments will be offered. Bring your own beverages.
- No handouts will be provided. Bring your own handouts, printed out from the link to be provided in an upcoming announcement.
Hope to see you there!
Diana Doyle, Secretary